3.27.2008

day-2 hong kong trip


the weather was great, although it's rather cold. it's no problem. I miss cold weather sooo much. we went for a city tour, started from the peak and madame tussaud's wax museum. we thought that hong kong is almost similar like san francisco. the weather, the crowd at time square is almost as crowded as union square in san francisco, the tram, the bridge. no wonder Chinese people love to stay in san francisco area. may be they feel like at home :)

we went to jumbo kingdom floating restaurant for lunch. it was interesting because we had to ride a boat to get there. the portions are huge. however, since I love chinese food we almost finish everything and only brought the fried tofu for snacking at the hotel.

kaka nina got mario t-shirt (he's mario bros. big fan) so he's super duper happy. since I'm not a big fan of doing shopping so I don't go shopping for souvenir. I guess only tante nina and papa nina's nephews got the shirt. instead, I enjoyed seeing the painting and sculpture exhibition - never ending story by a taiwanese cartoonist, jimmy liao. I love his works. he is very detailed oriented. all his painting done by watercolor and ink. it's too bad that his books are written in chinese, no english. (but I saw in barnes&noble website he mad some children book illustration - too bad I'm not in the states anymore). but I got the postcards and the chinese version book even I don't understand:)

No comments: